CRESTONE CHARTER SCHOOL
Seeks an Office Manager for our K-12 school with 85 students.
Our new office manager will be
- The welcoming face of our school
- Highly organized and multitasking
- Self motivated and self directed
The Crestone Charter School is a small rural charter school located in the town of Crestone Colorado, close to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. Crestone is a town tucked into the foothills of some of the most remote and rugged wilderness in Colorado, the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range. Crestone is an open-minded, adventurously unique, isolated, and tight-knit community serving more than twenty spiritual retreat centers of different creeds, with a population of 1,200 residents. The Charter School is the main centerpiece of this community, and as such, the faculty and staff have a shared and very public sense of responsibility for creating and maintaining the highest standards in education.
- Maintain student records, staff records, and on-site accounts
- Build the budget and manages spending within budget parameters
- Coordinate orders, purchases and payments
- Facilitate payrolls and general reporting with School District counterparts
- Supervise the office and ordering of supplies
- Provide services to teachers and students as needed
- Attend meetings and training as required by the Director
- Manage transportation
- Supervise any volunteer or paid personnel who are retained for the purpose of office assistance
- Communicate with the Director on all matters pertaining to the well-being of the Charter School and its programs
The office manager is a year round position with benefits. The office manager has most of the fall, winter, and spring break off. During the summer vacation the work hours are reduced and the office manager receives two weeks of additional vacation.
Job Qualifications Preferences:
- Previous office management experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, APTA Fund
The Crestone Charter School is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring Timeline: (all dates may be subject to change)
May 17, 2018 Applications due
May 18, 2018 Invitation for candidates to interview
May 21-23, 2018 Interviews
June 4, 2018 First day of work, negotiable
The position remains open until filled.
Please submit the following (in one file, preferably PDF):
- Cover letter
- 3 recent letters of recommendations
- 3 additional references
Please call 719-256-4907 with any questions